Terms of Service
The Waza APIs & web platform (“the Platform”) are developed and owned by Waza Technologies Inc. (“Waza”, “We” or “Us”), whose registered address is at 447, Broadway Street, 2nd Floor, 415, New York.
We may update these Terms from time to time and will always notify you of such updates. You will be deemed to have accepted any amended Terms if you continue to use the Platform after such amendments are made.
If you have any questions or ideas, or if you need to otherwise provide notice to us, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. About our services
Waza provides payment and financial management services to African businesses, startups and the emerging market, in order to inter alia manage liquidity challenges and global payment needs.
2. Your account
2.1. In order to access the Services, you will be required to register the following accounts (“the Accounts”):
- 2.1.1. A business user account on the Waza website - https://waza.co/ (“the Website”)
- 2.1.2. A Naira-denominated account with one of our partner banks (“the Bank”)
2.2. To this end, you agree to provide truthful information when requested, and, if a minimum age is required for eligibility for an Account, you undertake that you are at least the required age
2.3. With respect to an Account registered on the Website, you hereby agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username and password, as well as all acts and/or omissions that occur under the authority of your username. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of, or access to, such Account
2.4. With respect to an Account opened with the Bank, you hereby authorise us to open, operate and maintain such Account in your name and on your behalf. The aforementioned notwithstanding, you hereby understand and agree that all transactions carried out in respect of the Account are deemed to be done only on your authority.
2.5. By registering the Accounts, you explicitly agree to these Terms, including such amendments as may be published from time to time. Furthermore, by agreeing to register the Accounts, you authorise us to make any searches that we see fit in order to certify the accuracy of any information supplied by you
2.6. You must immediately inform us of any material changes to the information supplied at the time of registration, via email to email@example.com. Any losses incurred as a result of inaccurate or outdated information supplied by you shall be solely borne by you.
2.7. Waza reserves the right to terminate, restrict, or suspend the Accounts (as applicable) at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. Any such termination, restriction or suspension will not affect any obligation that may already have been incurred to us in relation to the Accounts.
2.8. You hereby agree that save as provided herein, Waza will not be liable to you or any third party for the suspension or discontinuance of the operation of the Accounts.
3. License grant
3.1. The Platform contains materials which are owned by or licensed to Waza. These materials include (but are not limited to) the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics of the Platform; as well as promotional pictures (“Materials”) and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws. Reproduction of the Materials is prohibited other than with our consent.
3.2. Save as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of the Platform, Services or the Materials may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
3.3. We however grant users a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use the Platform solely for personal, non-commercial use.
3.4. Save where (and only to the extent that) any of the following restrictions are prohibited by applicable law; or any of the restricted activities are permitted by the licensing terms of any open-sourced components incorporated into the Platform, you shall not:
- a. end, rent, lease, sell, redistribute, assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer the Platform or the right to use the Platform.
- b. use the Services for any commercial purpose.
- c. copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of the Platform, any updates, or any part of the Platform; or attempt to do any of the foregoing.
- d. copy, modify or create derivative works of the Services, Materials, any updates thereto; or any part thereof.
- e. remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from the Platform or the Materials.
- f. transfer the content of the Platform, or other materials therefrom; or “mirror” same on any server
- g. circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Platform and/or the Services.
- h. use any robot, spider, site search or retrieval service; or any other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data-mine, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Platform and/or Services.
- i. harvest, collect or mine information about other users of Platform and/or the Services.
- j. post or transmit any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive element on the Platform.
- k. violate any applicable law, rule or regulation in using the Platform and/or Services
- l. use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours, our partners or affiliates without our express written permission
3.5. In the event of a violation of any of the above restrictions (as determined by us), the license granted hereunder will be automatically revoked, and you may be liable to pay damages in this regard.
4. Acceptable use
By agreeing to these Terms, you agree to comply with our underlisted acceptable use.
4.1. Restricted Activities – You may not use our Services in connection with any product, service, transaction, or activity that:
- violates any law or government regulation, or promotes or facilitates such by third parties;
- violates any rule or regulation of Visa, MasterCard, Verve or any other electronic funds transfer network (each, a “Card Network”);
- is fraudulent, deceptive, unfair or predatory;
- causes or threatens reputational damage to us or any Card Network;
- involves any of the business categories listed in 4.2 below; or
- results in or creates a significant risk of chargebacks, penalties, damages or other harm or liability.
4.2. Certain Business Categories – You may not use our Services in connection with any product, service, transaction, or activity that:
a. falls within the Prohibition List of the Nigerian Customs Administration of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
b. relate to transactions that:
- support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs;
- are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card;
- pertain to ammunitions and arms; and
- involve gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes unless the operator has obtained our prior written approval and the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.
c. relates to the sale and/or purchase of:
- banned narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk a consumer’s safety;
- blood, bodily fluids or body parts;
- burglary tools;
- counterfeit items;
- illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia;
- fireworks, destructive devices and explosives;
- lottery tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines without the required license;
- police badges or uniforms;
- recalled items;
- prohibited services;
- stolen property;
- sales of currency without BDC license, certain cryptocurrency operators;
- obscene material or pornography;
- certain sexually oriented materials or services;
- certain firearms, firearm parts or accessories, ammunition, weapons or knives; or
- any product that is illegal or marketed or sold in such a way as to create liability to us
5. Third party sites
5.1. The Platform contains links to other independent websites (“Third Party Sites””). These links are provided to inter alia provide further information, and do not signify that we endorse these Third-Party Sites. Third Party Sites are not under our control, and accordingly we assume no responsibility for their content.
5.2. You will therefore need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third-party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them, or disclosure of personal information. To this end, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of Third-party Sites before using or accessing same.
6. Our intellectual property
6.1. All materials presented and contained on the Platform, including but not limited to data, trademarks, images, articles, representations, graphics, illustrations or other information as well as any software programs available on or through the Platform ((“Intellectual Property”), are copyrighted and trademarked by us. All goodwill generated from the use of our trademarks are reserved for the exclusive use of Waza.
6.2. The Platform, Intellectual Property and Materials are protected by the intellectual property laws of Nigeria, as well as international intellectual property laws, unless where explicitly indicated to the contrary. All rights reserved.
6.3. Save as provided herein, and unless permitted in writing by us, any other use of the Platform or the Intellectual property is expressly prohibited.
6.4. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by accessing the Platform and the Services, you hereby grant us the non-transferable, royalty-free right to use your intellectual property (including but not limited to logos, trademarks, etc) in furtherance of the provision of the Services.
7. Using the platform
By accessing the Platform and/or the Services, you agree as follows:
7.2. You shall provide us with all such business documentation as may be required for the conduct of requisite “KYC” checks.
7.3. All personal information that you make available to us are accurate, and you will always maintain the accuracy of such information.
7.4. Your use of the Platform and/or Services will not violate any applicable law or regulation
7.5. You hereby consent to receiving messages & promotional materials from us in relation to the Services.
8. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
8.1. We provide the Platform on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties or endorsements made, and without representations of any kind, direct or implied; including but not restricted to the implied warranties of acceptable quality, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, safety, and precision.
8.2. While we undertake to take adequate measures to ensure the optimal performance of the Platform, we give no guarantee as to the continuity of the Platform or that it will be error-free; that fault will be rectified or that the Platform or the server that makes it available are virus-free or free from any other harmful or destructive components.
8.3. Neither Waza, nor its employees, managers, officers and/or authorised representatives shall in any way be liable to you or any third party for any loss/damages of any kind whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use the Platform.
8.4. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not have knowledge of, and shall not be responsible for a) your source of funding; and/or b) the flow of funds in any Account held with a Bank.
8.5. Nothing contained in this agreement shall be interpreted so as to exclude or limit the liability of Waza arising as a result of our negligence or that of our employees or authorised representatives.
You agree to indemnify and hold Waza, its affiliates, directors, employees, agents and authorised representatives harmless from and against all liabilities, actions, attorneys' fees, costs, damages, losses and other expenses incurred by us, as a result of any breach of these terms by you.
10. Waiver, Severability, and Assignment
You hereby agree that a failure by Waza to enforce any provision of these Terms does not in any way constitute a waiver of its right to do so. If any provision of these terms is found illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full effect and such unenforceable term(s) will be modified as may be necessary to make it legal or enforceable and in a manner that achieves our original intention. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms; Waza may however assign its rights and/or obligations under these Terms to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries associated with the Services.
11. Other Important Rules
11.1. Except where prohibited, you consent that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action directly or indirectly arising from the use of the Platform and/or the Services shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
11.2. These Terms are construed in accordance with the laws of Nigeria and shall be so governed. You consent to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.